Eternal Dusk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosalie Hale; Vampire

Go down

Rosalie Hale; Vampire Empty Rosalie Hale; Vampire

Post  Rosalie Hale Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:52 am

Rosalie Hale; Vampire Vhrl38

First Name: Rosalie

Last Name: Hale

Birthday: October 17th, 1915

Species: Vegetarian Vampire

Home: Forks, Washington

History:
Rosalie Lillian Hale was born in Rochester, NY in 1915. She had two younger brothers, a housewife for a mother, and a father who worked at a bank. Her father's job helped keep the family wealthy during the Great Depression. She was born beautiful and thus was constantly praised, making her vain and conceited, and like her social-climbing parents, wanting more out of life.

One day Rosalie's mother had her dress up to deliver her father's forgotten lunch to him at work, hoping that the son of the bank's owner would take an interest in Rosalie. It worked, and Royce King the Second sent roses to Rosalie and, after making a comment that her eyes were like violets, began sending her those as well. Their relationship was solely based on physical attraction, as Royce was always very busy at the bank. They became engaged, and two months later, just before the wedding, Rosalie visited her good friend Vera, who Rosalie envied for her baby boy, Henry. When she saw Vera's husband kiss Vera, Rosalie finally realized the lack of love in her relationship with Royce, but quickly dismissed it. While walking home, Rosalie stumbled across Royce and his friends, who were all intoxicated. Royce bragged about his fiancée's beauty, leading to Rosalie being beaten and raped.

Rosalie, whom Royce left to die in the streets, was found by Carlisle, who was drawn to her by the scent of her spilled blood. Taking pity on her, he carried her home and made her a Vampire. Three days later, Rosalie's unhappy outlook improved when she saw her beautiful reflection in a mirror. She soon avenged herself by killing all those who had hurt her. Having saved Royce for last, Rosalie donned a stolen bridal gown and found her terrified fiancé locked in a windowless room with a thick, vault-like door guarded by two men after hearing of his friends being killed. After killing the guards, Rosalie entered the room and tortured Royce to death. She did not, however, drink his blood, and is proud that she has, as she puts it "almost as clean a record as Carlisle". She later states that the reason that she didn't drink Royce's blood was because she didn't want to have any of him inside her.

Rosalie decided to take the role of Jasper’s twin sister once she became part of the Cullen family. However, instead of taking the last name of “Cullen”, she wanted to keep her human maiden name. Rosalie met Emmett when she saved him from a bear attack. She carried him 100 miles to her home, despite the extreme effort this cost her, for Carlisle to change him, because she didn't think she could do it herself. She saved Emmett because he reminded her of her friend Vera's son, Henry, with his dark hair and dimpled cheeks and the strange boyishness that looked so out of place on a grown man's face. They have been married several times, since Rosalie enjoys the ceremony and the attention that it brings her. She and Emmett sometimes live away from the rest of the Cullens as a newlywed couple.

Carlisle believes that a certain characteristic is intensified once you become a vampire; although Edward believed it was her tenacity, it was most likely her beauty that had been intensified. She is still regretful of being turned into a vampire, even though it saved her life and lead her to find her true love.

Personality:
Rosalie seems to be a very misunderstood woman. Yes, she can be vain, but only because she was brought up by parents who looked upon her beauty as a way to advance themselves in society. They inadvertently taught their daughter that her beauty was more important than any other aspect of her personality and was what made her special.

However, there is much more to Rosalie than meets the eye. For instance, as self-absorbed as she may seem, she has always longed to be a mother and struggles to accept the fact that that door has been forever closed to her. This was also the main reason that she was so against Bella being changed into a vampire. As far as Rosalie was concerned, Bella had the opportunity to have the future that Rosalie so desired, yet Bella was "throwing it away."

As for the rest of her personality traits, Rosalie is devoted to the vegetarian lifestyle and is the only member of the Cullen coven to have never tasted human blood - a fact that she's rather proud of. Rosalie also seems to have a fierce temper and doesn't hesitate to let people know if she is against something or if she doesn't like someone. Needless to say, she's extremely protective of her family and especially of Emmett.

Appearance:
Astoundingly beautiful, even for a vampire. She is tall and statuesque, standing at 5'9", with a figure that rivals a model's. She has wavy honey blonde hair that reaches the middle of her back, and golden eyes like the rest of the Cullens, which gradually darken to black if she hasn't fed on blood in a few weeks. As with other vampires, she has marble white skin and purple bruises under her eyes. In her human life, Rosalie was a woman who had beauty, elegance, class, and eyes resembling violets. In the eyes of humans, she is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Special ability/ies: If being breath-takingly beautiful is considered so.

Roleplay Sample:

I'm staring at the glass in front of me,
is it half empty of our wins or have i ruined all you've given me?
I know I've been selfish,
I know I've been foolish,
but look through that
and you will see,
I'll do better, I know,
Baby, I can do better.

The ever-present rain of Forks was hitting the high roof of the Cullen home, leaving pin drop echoes in the large rooms. It had poured for almost two weeks now, though it had now started to die down slightly, with a light shower every few hours. The raindrops seemed the loudest in the study, but they were a soothing noise, not annoying. It was here that Rosalie stood at one of the over sized windows, arms crossed, watching the streams of water ripple off of the glass.

There had been a metaphoric hole in Rose's stomach for the last couple of months, burning away the thirst that was now creeping through to her eyes. It had to have been more than three weeks since she last fed. The purple bruises under her eyes were more prominent than they had been in a long time, almost resembling when she first became a Vampire. Her skin seemed to be just a sheen, and if she had been mortal, it would probably have been fragile. She felt fragile. Vulnerable. All because of one abominable thought that had crossed her mind two months ago.

Was she wrong for Emmett?

Rosalie had always been thought of as the 'heartless', conceded, mindless beauty of the Cullen clan. She was definitely confident in her attractiveness, and knew that with one whisper from her lips, she could bring any human man to his knees, at her becking call. She was sure of her skill in combat, able to crush skulls with a feather of a blow. None of these things made her doubt herself. It was the feeling of incompetence in being a wife.

Of course she loved Emmett, he was her soul mate. He made her happy in ways a human could never experience with their life mate, and she was certain not even in the Here After. He was strong, inside and out, and very kind. Under his rough exterior, there was a being that glowed with love and tenderness, the very core of him. The thing that made Rosalie fear the most was the feeling that she did not have a core. She was just a fierce Vampire, a soulless, cold-hearted Vampire.

She had treated Emmett quite poorly a few days prior to her mental question, and she knew she'd made him feel like a lowly ant, crushing his ego to pieces. She didn't feel bad at first, thinking that he would just get over it and move on. But when he didn't, and she noticed him becoming more and more distant to her, was when the question emerged itself.

She didn't want to talk to anyone about it, especially Carlisle. He above all people knew how she worked, and she was afraid he would see through to the doubt she had in herself. She kept clear of them all, locking herself into the study. They had all tried to talk to her; Esme, Alice, Jasper, and Emmett. Thankfully Edward and Bella had decided to stay in their cottage for a while. After a few weeks, Carlisle told them it was best to leave her alone, if she wanted to tell them what was on her mind, she would have done it already. And that's exactly what she wanted. Silence. Here she mulled over the confusing thoughts that circled her head, without coming to a conclusion, only dead ends.

Until this morning she had sulked over being incompetent, wondering why it would have hit her now. As the rain subsided, and the fog drifted higher into the trees, Rosalie saw Emmett pacing the river a few yards away. It wasn't until now that she knew what she needed.
Revelation.

If you leave me tonight, I'll wake up alone,
don't tell me I will make it on my own,
don't leave me tonight,
this heart of stone will sing till it dies
if you leave me tonight.

Rose watched Emmett continue to pace back and forth, barely lifting any grass from the ground. She knew that she needed him, but did he need her? She took in a deep breath, a form of comfort left from her old life, and spoke softly. "Emmett..." she called in her whimsical voice, closing her eyes at the sweet pronunciation his name made. "Can we talk?"

Portrayer: http://www.jessicaalba.net
Rosalie Hale
Rosalie Hale

Character sheet
Back to top Go down